- Calling all open source maintainers | GitHub
- A Farewell to Arm | LinuxServer.io
- The Home Assistant SkyConnect is a great excuse to demolish your smart home and start from scratch
- Twitter's Recommendation Algorithm Open-Sourced
Note: We initially included an article titled 'Making Open Source Truly Open' in this week's newsletter that we've since discovered does not represent the values of the broader open-source community. All references to it from our publication have been removed.
- AudioBookshelf v2.2.18: New features for EPUB books, embedded metadata updates, and various bug fixes
- Budibase v2.5.0: Added Microsoft/GitHub sign-in, command palettes, custom branding, and Google Sheets updates
- DokuWiki v2023-04-04: Options to embed HTML and PHP removed, various bug fixes, and improved error logging
- Grist v1.0.9: Minimized widgets functionality, column descriptions, and new betas
- Home Assistant Core 2023.4: Custom template macros, new dialogs, new templating features, and various other feature updates
- LinuxServer.io: New containers for Chromium, GitHub Desktop, GitQlient, Mullvad Browser, and VSCodium
- Mailu v2.0: Added multi-arch images/ARM support, client auto-configuration, rate-limiter improvements, password policies, and various other new features
- n.eko v.2.8.0: Added support Nvidia GPU acceleration for Chromium browsers, touch events for mobile, and various other minor features and bug fixes
- Uptime Kuma v1.21.2: Fixes for maintenance bugs from prior releases, ability to schedule maintenance via cron
- Leaf: Self-hosted "read later" application to save web page content for later reading with archive, tag, and search functionality
- Resource Diary: Self-hosted emotional resource diary that allows users to track emotional responses to specific tasks for trend identification
- Self-Host Planning Poker v1.0.0: Self-hosted alternative to Planning Poker Online for consensus-based story planning and estimation
Featured Community Content
- Guide: Running AdGuard Home on Kubernetes
- How I learned the hard way to keep my website updated
- FLOSSing for Lent Days 35-38: GCompris, TOR, Notepad++, Signal
Meet Pinry, a self-hosted image board alternative to the popular hosted site that rhymes with "Ninterest". The application can be built from source or installed via Docker and supports multiple users, tags, public and private boards, and browser extensions for easy pinning across the web.
Weekly Poll: Which single-board computer are you deploying in your homelab?
Click here to see the results of last week's poll.
In case you missed our April Fools' Day post:
Other Featured Content From selfh.st/ed:
Have content to share in a future newsletter?
Have a self-hosted application, resource, or article you'd like to see featured in a future newsletter? Reach out to our team to start the conversation.
Consider Supporting selfh.st/ed
While selfh.st/ed is entirely self-hosted, there are a few unavoidable service costs associated with operating the publication (bulk SMTP delivery, cloud mirrors, etc.). Please consider making a small one-time or recurring donation to help offset the costs of utilizing these services.