- Abacus v0.7.0 (Firefly III iOS App): New UI, compatibility for iPads, dark/light modes, access token authentication, long-press to duplicate transactions
- Cosmos v0.6.0 (Server Manager): Added experimental support for OpenID as an authentication provider
- Ghost v5.50.0 (CMS/Blog): Added beta for the new Ghost editor
- Home Assistant v2023.6 (Home Automation): Added network storage connectivity, overhauled integrations dashboard, new/improved entities, and various other updates and fixes
- Kavita v0.7.3 (Book Server): Support for series web links, ability to specify encoding behavior, centralized media errors, improvements to the ePub parser, and various other minor updates
- LocalAI v1.18.0 (OpenAI API): New Docker image variants, expanded support for different hardware, and various other feature updates and bug fixes
- Photoprism v230603/7 (Photos): High-resolution vector world map available to all (including terrain mode), MariaDB v11 support (see upgrade notes)
- Plex Web v4.108.0 (Media Streaming): Allow half star ratings
- Stirling-PDF v0.10.0/1 (PDF Editor): New Docker versions, reduced image size, added ability to merge multiple pages into one and adjust sizing/scale, various other minor enhancements and bug fixes
- Wiki.js v2.5.299 (Wiki): Added v2 Umami analytics module, custom GitLab endpoints for auth, and warn/exit on unsupported node versions
- Homepage for Tesla: Bookmark landing page for Tesla vehicles
- llama-telegram-bot: llama.cpp via Telegram chat bot
- Mikochi: Minimal remote file browser
- OpenObserve: Elastisearch-alternative for logs
- Next Player: Open-source native video player for Android
- Time to Go: URL shortening service built on Cloudflare Workers
Featured Community Content
Self-Hosted Spotlight: Navidrome
Meet Navidrome, an open-source music streaming server for your self-hosted music collection. It comes with an intuitive interface for managing and streaming your audio files from a browser (screenshot below) and is compatible with all Subsonic clients for mobile streaming as well.
Navidrome boasts all the features you'd expect from a streaming server – multi-user support, large collections, existing metadata extraction, multi-platform, automatic library monitoring, web themes, and transcoding (per user/player, if needed) – on top of being extremely resource-efficient and running well on lower-powered devices like the Raspberry Pi. The server can be installed via bare metal or Docker.
Weekly Poll: Are you deploying a VPS as a component of your self-hosted infrastructure?
Last Week's Poll: Which web server are you deploying for your self-hosted content?
Share Your Content in a Future Newsletter
We're always looking for new and existing self-hosted content to share in our newsletter. Reach out using the link below if you'd like to have your own content featured or have a suggestion for content types you'd like to see featured in future newsletters.
Our team works hard to compile self-hosted content from across the web to be delivered to your inbox each week. Please consider making a recurring or one-time donation to show your support and help offset the costs of operating the publication.