Site Update: We've officially been federated.
Like many of you, we've been twiddling our thumbs for a portion of the week as reddit (and specifically, r/selfhosted) experienced blackouts in protest of the recently announced API changes. As a result, we finally had the opportunity to sit down and create a fediverse instance that will allow us to interact with those who have already migrated to self-hosted and open-source alternatives like Lemmy and Mastodon.
Our own instance (intended to act as a single-user instance for our publication) can be found at feed.selfh.st. (If you were wondering, we're self-hosting our own little home in the fediverse using the open-source software GoToSocial.)
As usual, feel free to reach out if you have a community you'd like us to join or begin sharing our content with – and please be patient as we work to get things up-and-running.
- Abacus v0.8.1 (Firefly III Mobile App): Now available for Android and iOS, UI improvements
- AudioBookshelf v2.2.23 (Audiobooks/Podcasts): Save progress for comics, ability to download current comic page, new library settings and filters, support for CAF audio files, and other minor changes
- Baserow v1.18.0 (No-code Database): Automatically create missing rows when copying/pasting, two new date filters, new fields, and various other minor changes
- Czkawka v6.0.0 (File Cleaner): Find similar audio files by content, find duplicates by name/size simultaneously, simplify/optimize finding similar images, and other minor changes
- Ghost v5.51.0 (CMS/Blogging): Embeddable signup forms, portal translations
- Homarr v0.12.3 (Dashboard): New iframe settings, ability to open bookmarks in a new tab, and other minor changes
- Immich v1.61.0 (Photos): Client-side hashing on mobile app, proper support for RAW file formats, memories feature/select all on the web client
- MediaCMS v2.0.0 (Media Sharing): Non-alphabet tag characters, cookie consent code, new requirements for global login page, and various other minor changes
- NocoDB v0.109.0 (No-code Database): Multiple cell copy and paste, drag-and-drop table links
- Owncast v0.1.0 (Live Streaming): Complete rewrite of frontend interface and a number of other updates and bug fixes
- PhotoPrism v230615 (Photos): Show related albums in 'Info' tab of edit dialog, related folder links, Holiday and Pet labels, and various other minor changes
- Serge v0.2.0/1 (AI Chat): Updated Docker image URL, support for GGMLv3, and other minor changes
- SilverBullet v0.3.2 (Knowledge Management): Real-time collaboration between clients, multi-user authentication, sync settings to ignore specific files/folders, and improved loading behavior
- Librereads: An open-source front end for Goodreads
Featured Community Content
Self-Hosted Spotlight: Nextcloud Tables
Meet Nextcloud Tables, a relatively new add-on that provides table functionality via an easy-to-use interface directly within Nextcloud.
The add-on supports the creation of multiple tables per user, which can also be easily shared with other users and groups within the same Nextcloud instance. Column data types include text, links, numbers, progress bars, star ratings, tick boxes, date/time, and multi-selection options. Custom tables can be created from scratch or users can select from a number of pre-defined templates (to-do lists, health tracking, etc.) to get started.
Tables can be installed via the Nextcloud app store or downloaded directly from its release page. And while it isn't as feature-rich as the tables you'd get from a no-code database, the add-on is a handy tool for users already relying on Nextcloud for other functionality.
Weekly Poll: Have you joined the Lemmy fediverse since Reddit's API changes were announced?
Share Your Content in a Future Newsletter
We're always looking for new and existing self-hosted content to share in our newsletter. Reach out using the link below if you'd like to have your own content featured or have a suggestion for content types you'd like to see featured in future newsletters.
Our team works hard to compile self-hosted content from across the web to be delivered to your inbox each week. Please consider making a recurring or one-time donation to show your support and help offset the costs of operating the publication.