- Can Mastodon seize the moment from Twitter?
- Docker: We’re No Longer Sunsetting the Free Team Plan
- What’s new with authentik - March 2023
- Tailscale Funnel now available in beta
- Ghost v5.40.0: Newsletter feature update to include subscription details and latest posts functionality
- Wordpress v6.2 'Dolphy': Updated site editor, increased menu functionality, new header and footer patterns, and various other feature updates
- Home Assistant Android 2023.3: Multiple server access, Windows 11 companion app, and Wear OS refinements
- LLDAP v0.4.2: Added support for additional database types (Postgres, MySQL, MariaDB) and various other LDAP tools and functionality
- Immich v.1.52.0: Expanded folder/volume storage selection, hardened mobile sync mechanisms, updated search UI, and various other feature updates and bug fixes
- Vaultwarden v1.28.0: License update to AGPLv3, added support for Argon2, alternative registries, and various other updates and bug fixes
- LinkThing v1.1: Added functionality to add bookmarks to a Linkding instance directly from the application
- Swing Music v.1.2.0: Playlist header redesign, track thumbnails, folder count cards, and various other feature updates
- RomM v1.0: Retro games ROM Manager inspired by Jellyfin and Cartridge
- Subvert v1.0.0: Initial launch of Subvert, a tool designed to 'generate subtitles, chapters, and summaries of videos in seconds with the help of OpenAI'
Featured Community Content
- @Self-Hosted, a new YouTube channel hosted by Alex from the Self-Hosted Podcast (check out his latest video on hard drive purchasing tips)
- Consider responding to the Dim Media Manager team's community survey to identify focus areas for future development efforts
Meet ktistec, a single-user ActivityPub application for those looking to ditch or supplement Twitter with an open-source alternative that isn't as resource intensive as Mastodon. The developer, Todd Sundsted, provides his own instance of ktistec as a reference for those who'd like to see it in action.
Weekly Poll: Have you abandoned Twitter for the Fediverse?
Click here to see the results of last week's poll.
Have content to share in a future newsletter?
Have a self-hosted application, resource, or article you'd like to see featured in a future newsletter? Reach out to our team to get in touch about your content.
Consider Supporting selfh.st/ed
While selfh.st/ed is entirely self-hosted, there are a few unavoidable service costs associated with operating the publication (bulk SMTP delivery, cloud mirrors, etc.). Please consider making a small one-time or recurring donation to help offset the costs of utilizing these services.